Friday, June 22, 2007

noMAD girl

the wind has changed
bringing news from oasis afar

she has to leave
this place no longer allows her to linger
it's due time

the heart's reluctance
the memories she built
the dreams she dared dream
the rainbow very much sought after
the family she rarely sees
the man she loves

leaving all behind
nothing was allowed to be tagged along

this is the life of a nomad girl
and she wonders...
when will she ever settle down for good
perhaps til the day she finds her own rainbow

Someday I'll wish upon a star
and wake up where the clouds are far behind me
where troubles melt like lemondrops
away above the chimney tops
that's where you'll find me

somewhere over the rainbow
bluebirds fly
birds fly over the rainbow
why then, oh why can't I?

if happy little bluebirds fly
beyond the rainbow
why, oh why can't I?

happy blue birds? now that's a thought... nomad girl could find her happiness too. :)

No comments: